Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Summer time in Byron Bay

Summer is really starting to kick in here in Byron Bay. After a couple of cloudy days the weather is really getting nice and warm. I’m really excited to be able to spend a lot of time on the beach. I’ve been in Byron Bay for almost 2 months now and when I came here it was still winter so it was a little cold. Although it is nothing compared to the winter in my own country.

The good thing about staying here at this time of the year is that it will be summer in a couple of months in Australia. You might think what is so special about that right? Well I’m from Holland and when it is becoming  summer here in Australia, it is becoming winter over there. So I won’t have a winter this year until January which is really cool. Basically I will be spending all my free time on the beach over here when all my friends will be playing in the snow.

Like I said it was still winter here when I arrived and all the people told me how cold it was. I found that really funny to hear because what people call winter here is summer for me in Holland. So I went to the beach trying to get a tan and I was a little surprised when there were hardly any people on the beach. Later everyone who is from Australia told me that they think it’s not warm enough for them to go to the beach at that time of the year.

If you want to spent a lot of time at the beach like me just come to Byron Bay and visit me in Nomads Byron Bay Backpackers hostel!

Related posts:

Why visit Byron Bay in winter?“The Big chill!”Whale watching Byron BaySummer at Arts Factory Backpackers Lodge, Byron BayAuckland Summer – Things to Do!

View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment